2018 FIFA World Cup: FIFA World Cup 2018 hosts Russia will be kicking off the showpiece event with their opening match in Moscow, and although there has been plenty of controversy surrounding the event, how about we start to look forward to it instead?
A World Cup year is always exciting, and with 32 teams descending on one vast country, just what can we expect from the tournament?
- 1 The 2018 World Cup Opening ceremony will feature a shirtless Vladimir Putin riding into the stadium on a horse
- 2 Fans will be repeatedly confused about kick-off times because there are ELEVEN different time zones in Russia
- 3 Donald Trump will cause controversy by insisting he lines up front and center of every single pre-match USA team photo
- 4 The second round clash between the USA and Russia will finish in a 9-8 win for the US. Later, Trump will assure us that the scoreline wasn’t hacked.
- 5 If Brazil face Germany in the semi-finals, it WON’T finish 7-1
- 6 Everyone will moan about there being a third-place playoff
- 7 Gary Lineker will say the phrase “and now for the latest from the England camp” at least 27 times a day, even after England have gone out
- 8 Official World Cup mascot Zabivaka will be instantly forgotten about after the opening ceremony
- 9 Putin will insist he’s picked to start upfront in one of Russia’s games
- 10 England will go out in the second round in the most heartbreaking
The 2018 World Cup Opening ceremony will feature a shirtless Vladimir Putin riding into the stadium on a horse
Fans will be repeatedly confused about kick-off times because there are ELEVEN different time zones in Russia
- When is The FIFA World Cup 2018 Draw? Date, Tv Channel, Stream & Guide
- 2018 World Cup Draw Is Complete, List of 2018 FIFA World Cup Death Group