M. Chinnaswamy Stadium: The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium is a cricket stadium located in the capital of Karnataka, Banglore, India. It was inaugurated in 1971 and had the name the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA). Later it was named after M. Chinnaswamy who was the former president of BCCI. This stadium is the home ground of an IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore.
The stadium is the first one in India that used solar panels to generate electricity for the whole ground. The stadium has a seating capacity of over 40000+ people.
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Events 2023: As far as we acknowledge, There are no events in this Stadium. Follow World Cup Updates to get regular updates on sporting events.
Chinnaswamy Stadium Pitch Report
The pitch of M Chinnaswamy Stadium offers more pace and bounce as compared to other Stadiums in the country. The stadium is also considered a heaven for batsmen as the boundaries are shore compared to other similar stadiums. On the scale of size, this stadium is very huge. In the area, The stadium covers over 17 acres.
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Boundry Length: According to Wikipedia the distance from the centre of the pitch to the boundary line is about 53.9496 Meters for both off-side and on-side, 59.436 Meters in straight the back-side.
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Stands
In M. Chinnaswamy, the N stand, P1, P2, P3, and P Terrace usually cost very high than normal, the price starts from 4,000 for the N stand and may go as high as 37,000 for P2. This doesn’t mean that other stands of the stadium have bad views they are equally good.
If one can’t afford such a high cost next it is suggested to go for C LOWER, B UPPER, and B LOWER stands which are close to the N stand, these stands are Mid-on and mid-off where you can expect most of the sixes.
For the Limited overs game, you should go with any stand. You will get everything perfectly without any disappointment.
A proper guideline of all stands in the stadium is given in the form of images.
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Stats and Records
Chinnaswamy Stadium Stats
- Old Name: Karnataka State Cricket Association Stadium (KSCA)
- First T20 Match: 25 December 2012
- Last T20 Match: 22 September 2019
- Matches Played: 7
- Matches Won by Home Side: 2 (28.57%)
- Matches Won by Touring Side: 3 (42.86%)
- Matches Won by Neutral Side: 2 (28.57%)
- Highest Individual Innings: 276 By Younis Khan in 2005 (India vs Pakistan)
- Best Bowling: 8/50 Nathan Lyon in 2017 (India vs Australia)
- Highest Team Innings – Test: 626 – India in 2007 (India vs Pakistan)
- Lowest Team Innings – Test: 103 – Afghanistan in 2018 (India vs Afghanistan)
M. Chhinaswamy Stadium ODI records
- Highest total: 383/6 scored by India vs Australia on November 2, 2013.
The second was 347/2 scored by Australia vs India
- Highest Run Chase : 329/7 Scored by Ireland (in 49.1 overs) against England’s on 2 March 2011, during 2011 world cup.
- Highest individual score: 209 scored by Rohit Sharma
- Highest runs scored: Sachin Tendulkar (534 runs) followed by Rohit Sharma (437 runs) and Virender Sehwag (328 runs).
- Most Wickets Taken: Zaheer Khan (14 wickets) followed by Javagal Srinath (10 wickets) and Kapil Dev (8 wickets) with Venkatesh Prasad (8 Wickets)