Here is some good news if you are one of those who will be witnessing the world cup in Russia this year. Each spectator has a chance to make use of free transport between 2018 FIFA world cup host cities and the seats will be allotted on First Come First Served basis.
Free travel is not available on any public transport, it is available only on the additional trains plying between host cities during the world cup and will be accessible to fans having match tickets or FAN ID. During the world cup 728 additional trains will transport spectators between 11 host cities.
More than 500 additional trains will be provided during the World Cup. The schedule will be finalized after December 15.
To take advantage of free travel between the cities hosting the World Cup, you must have a ticket for the match and a FAN ID, create a personal account at www.tickets.transport2018.com, where you provide the ticket number for the match. After registration and choosing the route, the spectator receives a message with a boarding coupon via e-mail provided during registration. The e-mail contains confirmation of the right of free travel, and all relevant information: the place and time of departure / arrival of the special train, the number of the train and the place in the car, as well as the list of documents required for presentation when boarding the train.
During the FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017, held in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan and Sochi, 262 additional trains were organized. 60,382 people from a hundred countries all over the world used this opportunity for free travel.
The World Cup will be held from June 14 to July 15, 2018 in 11 cities: Moscow, Kaliningrad, Saint Petersburg, Volgograd, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Saransk, Rostov-on-Don, Sochi and Ekaterinburg.
How to get tickets for free travel?
In order to make use of free travel fans needs to do the following things:-
- Go to the official website tickets.transport2018.com
- Enter the following data
- the ticket or application number;
- FAN ID;
- date and time of the match;
- host city where the game is played.
- The user can choose train route and seat and the same will be offered automatically based on the above data.
How to register?
In order to register, you need to input the following:
- FAN ID number;
- Personal data: such as last name, first name, patronymic (if applicable), date of birth, gender, citizenship, type of ID document and its number;
- Contact phone number.
After registration, the spectator will receive a message with the boarding coupon via email provided during registration. On match days the host cities will have the facility for free transport to and from airport as well as free public transit.
- Qatar vs Russia: who had the highest ticket requests in first sale phase of FIFA World Cup?
- Iran uses World Cup 2022 to boost tourism
- Qatar World Cup 2022 tickets cheapest since 1986 tournament
- Qatar Airways World Cup travel packages now on sale
- Football World Cup: Which teams have qualified for Qatar 2022?
- FIFA World Cup 2022 Kits Release Dates
- FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar Soccer Jerseys, Kit Overview
- When Can you Book The FIFA World Cup 2022 Ticket?
- How Many Stadiums for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022?
- Players who will retire after 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar
- FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar Schedules, All Teams, Venue, Timing, News
- FIFA World Cup 2022 Schedule, Fixtures, and Timings in US And Canada Time
- Everything you need to know about Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022