“The Official Poster of the 2018 FIFA World Cup is a true reflection of Russia’s artistic and football heritage,” commented FIFA Secretary General Fatma Samoura. “We are very proud of this beautiful landmark asset that portrays such an important icon and celebrates the coming tournament on Russian soil.”
Who is Igor Gurovich?
- The designer of the poster, Russian artist Igor Gurovich, was born in 1967.
- A member of the Russian Academy of Graphic Design, he also teaches at the National Research University Higher School of Economics and jointly founded the Ostengruppe design lab.
- He has worked on various projects throughout his career, including the uniform for the Russia team at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, the branding of the Kremlin Cup tennis tournament (1997-1999) and the rebranding of the Moscow International Film Festival.
- He received the grand prize from the Moscow International Advertising Festival in 1994 and the All-Russian Design Contest in 2000.
- He also won the top award at the Moscow Global Biennale of Graphic Design Golden Bee in 2012 and the AGI prize at the Chaumont Biennale of Graphic Design in 2013. He has put on numerous exhibitions of his own work.